Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Little Bee That Could

I know, I know. I haven't really been cranking out any new posts. Or any posts for that matter. I'm pretty new to this blogging thing and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I do have some things to post one day later this week, including handmade baby alphabet blocks, as well as some more embroidery projects.

One day last week I was on my way home to pick up my son, and while waiting at a red light, I noticed the cutest little honeybee sitting on my windshield. I thought for sure he'd fly off as soon as I started moving. But he didn't. He held on. I had about 10 miles left to go, and thought to myself "What if he makes it all the way?" I kept going, and he kept hanging on, and I was really rooting for the little guy. I found myself slowing down whenever he seemed to be loosing his grip, and just about caused a wreck when I missed my turn, right before the lane I was in ended. He stayed on almost all the way to my destination. I felt myself and this little bee had been through something together, and I was sad to see him finally fly off. And I said to myself: "He's like the little bee that could". And right then and there, I decided he would be my new mascot. And that's why I'm changing the name of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment